Thursday, October 15

all you are to me is dead skin


Here I am, meant to be writing a 2000 worder on WW1's influence on art, with two sentences and a need to write a blog. Maybe not so much a need but a tool of procrastination. I look at history books full of artists who questioned and questioned and questioned and questioned and questioned and questioned and questioned and questioned and questioned and questioned...
I sometimes question, though never enough. Could it ever be enough? I think Cezanne or Duchamp would say nothing could ever be enough. It's impossible to grapple this in only 2000 words. I just want to write that it can't be done. They did so much in their lifetimes. Duchamp has hundreds of books on him. Beyond this his avant-garde art inspired every art movement from Dada until now as far as I'm concerned. I can only dream of being this influential.
I should get back to it...

No comments: